When cold weather comes to the Charlotte area, it’s important to keep One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning in mind. Our certified heating experts are available 24-hours a day, every day of the year and are “Always On Time…Or You Don’t Pay A Dime!”
More so in winter than in the summer months, a malfunctioning unit can create problems. While a malfunctioning air conditioner is often more inconvenient than dangerous, an improperly running or unresponsive heating system can prove dangerous, particularly during the coldest days and nights of winter. One Hour’s technicians are trained to fix your furnace and heating system quickly, restoring heat to your home. There are a few very common culprits in these scenarios:
- Malfunctioning blower motor
- Faulty flame sensor or ignition
- Shorted wiring in unit or thermostat
- Loss of power
- Loss of gas pressure
- Clogged or dirty gas manifold
- Clogged intake/exhaust
Whatever the problem, One Hour has you covered. However, there is another very real risk in the winter—the potential of a loss of power.
Loss of Power
In this planning for this untimely event, keep in mind that One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning provides expert installation and repair on emergency home generators, a wise investment for many reasons:
- In the winter months, emergency home generators provide a key safety measure against loss of heating capability. A reliable and properly serviced generator will perform reliably, keeping you and your family safe from the cold.
- Loss of power can last for an hour or several days. Owning a reliable emergency generator will ensure the continuing operation of your refrigerator, washing machines and hot water heater, all important staples your family will be hard-pressed to go without. This is particularly beneficial in the summer months, when loss of power can create dangerous situations in high heat, as well as expose the contents of your refrigerator to quickly-rising temps.
One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning is the Charlotte area’s trusted source for expert assistance in preparing for the unexpected. We offer free estimates on all heating, cooling, and home generator installs, as well as the knowledge and expertise to ensure the proper maintenance and maximum efficiency of your investment.
Generator Maintenance Tips
It is very important to keep your generator in mind before it’s needed. Many generators will sit untouched for long periods of time in between uses. In these cased, the chances of malfunctions or failed starts rises dramatically. Keep the following tips in mind to ensure maximum performance when you need it:
- Start your generator once a month: Test your generator. Start it and let it run for a few minutes. If you notice any potential problems, such as sluggish starting or operation, odd noises during operation or reduced power, it’s a good idea to call us for a checkup on your machine.
- Don’t forget gas: Naturally, a generator’s performance is irrelevant if you don’t have fuel to run it. In addition to having fuel on hand, consider treating your gasoline to prevent settling, which can result in adverse effects upon startup after long periods of dormancy.
- Keep an eye on its age: Even the most reliable generators grow old. When your generator ages it can become unpredictable. Call us for free estimates on our expert installation.
Remember, it’s never a bad time to think about your family’s safety in a potential emergency. Well-prepared homeowners have the peace of mind of knowing their home is protected. Call us today at (704) 323-8004, or contact us online to learn more about protecting your home before the unexpected strikes.
You don’t have to lose power to lose heat, so keep One Hour’s number in a prominent place as the weather turns cold. Our friendly and professional technicians understand the urgency of no-heat calls and will brave the elements to restore heat, and safety, to your home.