Sweater weather has arrived in Charlotte! Here at One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning, we have compiled a helpful series of simple steps for homeowners to follow in preparation for the cold. Remember, the best defense is a good offense. Staying ahead of the weather will help you get the most from your heating system in Charlotte this winter.
- Optimize Your Space: In the winter, your registers behave a little differently. It’s important to consider that hot air rises, which is particularly significant in multi-level homes. Close your registers upstairs slightly and open your downstairs registers to better utilize your heating system’s output. Don’t forget to restrict airflow to less frequented rooms and keep these doors closed whenever possible. This simple practice can have dramatic effects on easing the amount of work your heating system has to do, easing the damage it does on your wallet.
- Don’t Forget Your Filter: Make sure to change your filter regularly throughout the year, even more so if you have pets. This is especially important in the winter, as a malfunction or operational failure can have a significant and immediate impact on the comfort of your home. Make sure to perform regular inspections and replacements of your filter or contact us here should you need any emergency heating services.
- Use Your Thermostat to Your Advantage: Get the most out of your heating system in Charlotte by using the features of your programmable thermostat. Control the cost of heating your Charlotte home by lowering the required temperature while the house is empty. Consider reducing the temperature overnight, as well. A few degrees can go a long way toward getting more mileage from your heating system and lowering your monthly energy bills. Our friendly experts here at One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning are happy to answer your questions concerning the optimal settings for your thermostat. If you don’t currently have a programmable thermostat, we’ll be glad to show you how a small investment can dramatically increase your HVAC system’s efficiency.
- Make the Right Choice: If you’ve been putting off the replacement of an older model, find out to see what replacement plan might be right for you. A high efficiency replacement will not only represent a safer, more reliable investment through the coldest nights of the season, but it will also lower your energy costs. When you invite our expert technicians into your home for a free estimate and consultation, they’ll perform an evaluation of the unique demands of your home’s living space. With properly sized and selected equipment, your home will reach an optimal level of comfort.
- Regular Inspection and Maintenance from One Hour: Perhaps the smartest choice you can make in preparing your home for the harsh demands of winter weather is enrollment in our Comfort Club maintenance program. With your membership, you’ll receive two annual inspections of your cooling and heating system in Charlotte and the surrounding metro area. Prior to the cold season, we’ll perform a rigorous, point-by-point inspection of your heater, identifying and servicing any potentially problematic symptoms before they can impact your family’s comfort. Our Comfort Club not only readies your HVAC equipment for the extremes of Charlotte weather, it entitles you to priority service in the event you should need to call us. Furthermore, we’re so confident in the effectiveness of our expert maintenance, we’ll guarantee it—if you should experience any problems (even non-preventable issues) while enrolled in the program, your next six months are on us!
When winter weather settles in Charlotte, it’s important to be prepared. Like warmer months, when problems with your heating and air conditioning system can lead to uncomfortable temperatures, and the colder months can present a unique risk, should your equipment let you down. With a little preventative foresight and help from One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning, you can rest easy in knowing that your home is protected.
Staying a step ahead of the game is easy with One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning. Our expertly trained technicians are always available to talk preventative maintenance, providing insight and advice to homeowners, as well as to examine your cooling and heating system in Charlotte for any potential problems. Call us at (704) 323-8004 or contact us online today for more.